Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Mundan

What is a mundan? It is a Hindu rite, or saṃskāra, in which a child receives his/her first haircut when he/she is one year old. At the time of the mundan, the child is freshly shaven to signify freedom from the past and moving into the future.

My mundan day started out okay, I was just chillin with Mom, Dad, and Duckie.....


Here we are at the temple. We did a couple of prayers which was fine but then the priest went in for my precious locks..... I was not happy.....

We left the temple and I was a happy man. I thought the whole Mundan thing was so overrated - big deal, they took a couple of locks of hair......But then I got suspicious, why were we headed to Cartoon Cuts?


AHHHH, they are taking my hair......WHY???? That is my signature feature!!!
Phew, thank god that is over! I'm a new man!!
From Zac Effron to Bruce Willis - darn I look good :)